« Home | awe, little Baby Bolero » | slowly but surely » | sexy knitters club » 

Monday, April 10, 2006 

just add them to my "eventually to do" list


As if I didn't have enough.
I simply must make the following items from the brand new knitty.

Hedera:


Nautie:


Reid:


I don't know who I'll make Reid for, but I will make it eventually. It's just the cutest little baby sweater. And Nautie? How adorable are knitted crustaceans? Really? And those socks are hot. And I do like Nagano Sakura, but I'd probably make it into a belt.

Those are pretty much the only things I like out of the new issue though. Anatolia is nifty, but it screams "mom" to me. Maybe it's the woman in the photograph. That, and I think the feature item, Mesilla, is god-aweful. But hey, they can't all be winners.

I love the Hedera socks, too. Cookie A is amazing--I'm dying to make her Pomatomus socks from the last Knitty.

I love the T-twist top, but I'd have to do something about the shaping on the bottom--it needs some serious shaping.

I actually like Mesilla, I would just leave off some of the embroidery. I love Stefanie's shapes--she designed Orangina, too.

i'm keep going back and forth on nagano sakura. i like the cherry blossom-ness, but something about the "branches" freaks me out. :)
something strange about convertible too. but those hedra socks are hot! :)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Megan
  • From New Hampshire, United States
  • redhead. knitter. music buff. northern by birth. southern at heart. HP junkie. listener. friend. only child. traveler. dreamer.
My profile

Recently completed

Orangina by Glampyre

Simply Lovely Lace Socks
from Interweave Knits: Spring 2006
Gems Opals in Lilac by Louet Sales

Columbine Peak Socks
from Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles
Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted in River

Baby Bolero
from One Skein
Blue Sky Alpaca Cotton in Honeydew

On the needles

Green Gable
Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Rue

Beaded Sweater
from Vintage Knits
Jaeger Matchmaker Merino 4-Ply in Cloud

Previous posts

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates